Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a daily basis. Our allied health team members work side-by-side with global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services that support healing in our local communities and around the globe.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
- Performs diagnostic ultrasound examinations as referred by physicians
- Performs routine sonographic procedures following departmental protocols
- Assists, prepares and positions patients as required to perform sonographic procedures
- Evaluates sonographic images for technical and diagnostic acceptability
- Maintains ultrasound imaging equipment in clean and good working condition; reports equipment problems to supervisor
- Maintains supplies and accessories in the procedure room as required
- Assists physicians directly as required
- Prepares sterile fields and trays pertinent to particular sonographic procedures
- Assists in the orientation and training of new staff sonographers
- Assists in the training and development of technical staff
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area
What You’ll Bring:
Graduate of an accredited ultrasound program
Requires assisting patients to and from ultrasound tables; requires transporting mobile ultrasound equipment to patient units
Certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers required. Current CPR certification
Minimum of one year experience